Baby Koch

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wedding Progress

Some new news in our lives..Nick got a JOB! He was hired to be the head athletic trainer for Momence High school, as well as, working at OAK in Bradley. He really loves it and it reminds him how much he really misses playing football. I'm so happy for him too! I have been crazy busy wedding planning and getting the farm ready for the BIG DAY! I have recently been to Nana's Cakery in Bourbonnais, where we finalized our cake & dessert bar plans. I've seen and tasted their cakes, and let me tell you...YUMMMMM!!! I highly recommend them to anyone in need of any sort of cake/dessert! Let me know if you need their information!




Anyway, besides cake, we have also met with Brenda Surprenant. She is Kyle (a great friend & groomsmen) Surprenant's Mother, and she is putting together our floral arrangements for our wedding! I have high hopes for how they will turn out, and I know she is going to do a marvelous job! We are in the works of figuring out a good time to meet with our DJ. We hired Todd and Paula Schoon for the evening, so we are working on our sing list. So far on our "do not play list", I have COUNTRY & "Go, Cubs, GO". Sorry guys, but it's just not in my taste! haha




We met with our tent company of few weeks ago (Champaign Tent & Awning) as well to finalize our order. I can't wait to see it, because their pictures are gorgeous! I had a hard time picking a tent company, and ended up going to Champaign, because Kankakee Tent and Awning was VERY rude when I called. The woman I talked to told me I didn't know what I was talking about when I gave her our tent size reequirement (I had received an estimate from 2 other tent companies recommending this size), and she was annoyed I was calling so early (like a year before the wedding--I was nervous about not getting one). And Champaign also rents out tables, chairs, linens, etc. If I went with Kankakee Tent and Awning, I would have had to rent tables and chairs from Reeds, Linens from another place...just a headache! I am happy with our final decision I think!




Invitations have been sent out at the beginning of August, and responses are due August 28th...Needless to say, it must not have been 1. long enough time to give people to respond or 2. people don't care enough to respond on time. As of today, we are still missing about 46 response cards, which estimates to be around 95 people!! Hopefully I have a mailbox full by Friday ((Cross your fingers)).




In other family news, Kristi Koch & Chris Tuttle had their little girl Mia Beth on August 19th! She is absolutely perfect.



My brother Tony just signed a letter of consent for the Bradley Police department too!! Basically if he passes his psych eval, lie detecter test, and physical, he gets the job!! That's what you call a life long dream coming true!! I'm so proud of my big broski! I'm not really sure if anyone reads this, but I'm going to really try to keep the updates current. I want to get better at it at least!!


No comments:

Post a Comment